|Thursday, November 10th, 2005|
It's my first day on LJ and like a true EQ2 addict I already found my way here! I am curious as to what servers you played on? All my characters, are on Everfrost. My highest adventurer is a 46 Conj. My crafters are 20-30s. Anyway. I wanted to say "hello". :) Current Mood: curious
|Thursday, April 28th, 2005|
I'm AmberSky, on Highkeep server, a 25th level Paladin, and a 24th level Weaponsmith. It's the Weaponsmith part that's giving me woe.
When I dinged 20, I bought new books, finished my Worshop quest, and started a new one. It was a weaponsmith quest for a forged carbonite something (I didn't start writing them down until later) and I didn't have the recipe. This happened 6 times out of 8 quest. The last 4 of them, I did write down. They were all Forged Carbonite...Hatchet, War Axe, Ornate Spear, and Tulwar. I did go through recipe books, exaustively, both in the game and on line, and I've found that Forged Carbonite Tulwar is in Weaponsmith 28, but I can't find the others at all.
Does my Workshop girl hate me? What's up?
|Tuesday, March 8th, 2005|
I play on Highkeep server and have my character is Nytebringer (33 Dirge/28 Jeweler). I am new to this community and wanted to throw a couple of links out there. These sites help me out when I need search books and the like:http://www.eq2-artisan.com/http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/news_page.php
Sorry for not linking them but I don't know how too and don't have the time to learn.
Lots of luck to you guys and may you be stuck in the crafting dungeon for a long long time.
|Saturday, February 19th, 2005|
Hey, what's up? My main character's name is Tsuki Kunitake (20 Half Elf Brigand/16 Craftsman) on Lucan D'Lere server, and I plan on becoming my guild's cook.
I'm here for any tradeskilling advice (which is hard to find sometimes), or maybe even possible clients that need anything I can produce. Otherwise, this will suffice as my introduction ^^;;
|Sunday, February 6th, 2005|
I can't remember if i saw this posted on here or on EQ2player.com. I remember someone posting a way to make great great money, it was to make some easy crafted item that sold back to the vendors for 16 silver. I cant remember which crafting type it was or anything :\
My pc isnt the only thing in need of a memory upgrade!
So i was wondering if anyone knew the above, or any ways to make great money, if they could please post it here. I know i am not playing right now, but my girlfriend is, and is still bitter about my 16 silver coin horsey! bwaha! So she'd looking for any ways to make some good coin.
Many thanks in advance adventurers!!
|Tuesday, February 1st, 2005|
Hi! I just found and joined this community. It's one of few things I can access at work, LOL.
I'm a Sage on Lucan D'Lere... always willing to trade with others. Easiest to check my current level either on my site
(it updates itself ^_^) or on my player profile page
. Check my site if you're interested to read babble about my characters, otherwise I will spare you. :)
I'm in constant need of ink, quills, and paper, since I cannot craft at all without these goods. :/ I can create patterns (if you have the thread AND the paper... *sigh*) and of course spell scrolls... oh yeah, only priest or mage, though. *bangs head on desk* Oh well, I'll find a way to level up eventually. ;) Getting frustrated and working with alts more now, so maybe I'll have other goods to trade someday.
I have a rough tradeskill guide to offer, in case this may be of use to anyone: http://eq2.mermaiden.net/tradeskills.html
Mostly I just like to make notes for myself to learn along the way, and who knows, maybe somebody else can use them too. ;)
Some may also find my spell list to be of use - it lists the components used in each recipe: http://eq2.mermaiden.net/spellscrolls.html
(click "materials required" to see in graphical format)
|Tuesday, January 25th, 2005|
Hi there everyone. I'm on Lavastorm server and looking for some crafting buddies to network with, help each other out with components etc... Look me up on Lavastorm - Anarriel or Emeleth
|Saturday, January 22nd, 2005|
crafting update from patch
*** Tradeskills ***
- Corrected the description on the recipe for the Canvas Cap. The recipe description said that it was creating a Burlap Cap instead of a Canvas Cap.
- The recipe for the Ruckas Cap now requires a Generic Canvas Pattern and Canvas Padding. Also corrected the recipe's description.
- Corrected the description on the recipe for the broadcloth cap. The recipe said that it was creating a Burlap Cap instead of a Broadcloth Cap.
- Corrected the description on the recipe for the Cloth Cap. The recipe description said that it was creating a Burlap Cap instead of a Cloth Cap.
- The recipe for Strengthened Leather Pants now requires a Generic Rough Linen Pattern and Strengthened Leather Harness.
- The recipe for Strengthened Leather Shoulder Pads now requires a Generic Rough Linen Pattern and Strengthened Cord.
- Corrected the description on the recipe for the Rough Linen Cap. The recipe description said that it was creating a Burlap Cap instead of a Rough Linen Cap.
- The recipe for Augmented Leather Pants will now look for a Generic Rough Linen Pattern.
- Corrected the description on the recipe for the Linen Cap. The recipe description said that it was creating a Burlap Cap instead of a Linen Cap.
- The recipe for Ebon Vanguard Spaulders now requires Generic Rough Linen Pattern and Rough Linen Padding.
- The recipe for the Cloth Cap now requires Generic Broadcloth Pattern and Broadcloth Padding.
- The recipe for Engraved Leather Boots and Engraved Leather Bracers will now look for a Generic Broadcloth Pattern.
- The recipe for Engraved Leather Pants now requires Generic Broadcloth Pattern and Etched Harness.
- The recipe for Engraved Leather Shoulder Pads now requires Generic Broadcloth Pattern and Etched Cord.
- The recipes for the Rough Linen Cap and the Linen Cap now require a Generic Rough Linen Pattern and Rough Linen Padding.
|Sunday, January 2nd, 2005|
I hate people
wtf is with people selling stroma and eolith vials for little more than it costs to make them? I still sell them for 1s each, I still get business, but not as much as I use to. Stupid jackasses.
|Monday, December 27th, 2004|
So, I'm now a level 12 scholar and I'm running into a huge problem! I cant make maple quills or cailun paper >_< AND I checked a broker and none are for sale. Not to mention the wholesaler doesnt sell it in my place. Sooo, anyone have any advice? How the heck do i make more advanced spells? Rely on the kindness of high lvl woodworkers?
Any help would be SOOOO appreciated, I've looked everywhere!
I hope everyone had a lovely holiday ^_^
|Sunday, December 12th, 2004|
Just wondering what Servers you guys craft on, it's always fun to have multiple artisan friends to beg components off of...
I'm on Highkeep, name is Holey. I'm a Cleric and a Craftsman, on my way to Templar/Woodworker.
Seems like all I sell anymore is Pristine Elm Strongboxes.
|Saturday, December 11th, 2004|
where are my black coffee beans? (and etc.)
Is anyone else finding that there is a lack of Tier I (Newbie zone) resources since the change to only needing a skill of 20 for harvesting tier 2 resources? I roleplay my character somewhat and I want to keep a supply of tier I goods available as well, but it has become too costly! It's cheaper to stick to tier 2. I agree something had to be done to get the glut out of the newbie zones, but now people are moving on to tier 2 almost immediately.
|Friday, December 10th, 2004|
bug or feature? Tier 1 buffs not working on appropriate Crafter (class) recipe Burlap Thread
just to note: today I was doing a society quest for shaped maple wands when I discovered that I could not use the sewing buff "Knots" (though I could use it before) for Burlap Thread. I can use the woodworking buffs of Handwork, Crafting, Measure, Weigh, and Cutting for this recipe. In game a fellow crafter told me this had been working this way, but it seems to me that it's a bug if I'm sitting at a sewing table using the craftsman book to suddenly use a different buff type.
I played EQ1 for 2 years, prior to switching over to EQ2 upon the birth of my daughter. I always liked to tradeskill, and liked the idea of playing the economy, crafter interdependency, and the like. EQ2 really attempts to address these issues and more, and it's quite an intricate system. And coolest is I can do much of it with one hand since I'm holding a new baby most of the time!
I'm more interested in content than style for this community, but I do intend to liven this up better than the default :)
The first thing I'd like to get done is to compile a crafting FAQ. Anyone with a "dumb question" go ahead and ask it. If a lot of people respond with the answer, or need to know, then it is obviously a piece of knowledge to share. We can compile those here. This is not to downplay the useful site and community over at EQ2Traders
. Livejournal is a possible additional resource for livejournal/eq2 junkies.
Any good Crafter links?